Competency-based Assessment in the Arts
Two workshops led by Marcia McCaffrey, Arts Consultant, NH Dept. of Ed
May 4, 2017—Concord
May 10, 2017—North Country (Location TBD)
8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Presented by the New Hampshire Arts Learning Network
as part of the “Arts in Inclusive Learning” partnership of the Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire
and VSA New Hampshire,
offered under a contract with the John F. Kennedy Center
Join your colleagues for an all-day workshop on competency-based assessment in the arts. This workshop has been created in response to the many questions teachers are asking about how to implement and assess the New Hampshire Arts Model Competencies.
The day will be a combination of instruction, discovery, learning from each other, discussion, and activity. Emphasis will be placed on applying Universal Design for Learning and multiple modalities as an assessment strategy.
· Learn what a performance task is and what goes into designing a valid and reliable performance task.
· Examine Model Cornerstone Assessments and accompanying student work.
· Respond to resources on Universal Design for Learning and arts assessment.
· In small groups, discuss main components of a task and analyze tasks to determine what is being measured.
· Discuss the difference between scoring tasks and grading tasks, especially for students with individualized learning plans (IEP’s)
· Get tools to help identify rigor and establish alignment of performance tasks.
· Learn about the New Hampshire Arts PACE work.
· Practice scoring student work.
· Get acquainted with task bank resources from other states.
· Ask questions.
· Learn from other teachers.
Details, fees and registration information will be posted at nhartslearningnetwork.org and aannh.org by the first week of February. For questions about content contact Marcia McCaffrey at 603-271-3193 or email@example.com. For questions about registration and logistics contact Frumie Selchen at 603-323-7302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.